Strategies for the future shopper
Design and development of a top rated grocery rewards application was just the beginning of a longer term strategy for Schnucks Markets. As part of the rapidly changing grocery category, disrupted by competitors and evolving customer expectations, Schnucks goal was to create a frictionless virtual and in-store experience and a cohesive experience across the omni channel.
Prioritizing customer and business outcomes
We started with a digital strategy planning and discovery to identify all opportunities for growth and evolution for the Schnucks customer experience. From there we developed a list of priorities and leaned into the mission of building an effective loyalty and rewards program to grow deeper engagement with their customers with a focus on:
- Increase Revenue (basket size, shopping frequency, margin)
- Provide Convenience
- Personalize Savings
- Increase Loyalty
Aligning business and operations goals and objectives we then mapped out a maturity model to create a scalable integration and implementation plan from physical to digital and all of the touchpoints in between.
Idea to implementation
- Refocused digital strategy around business-led objectives
- Performed an omni-channel strategy and roadmap
- Conducted loyalty partner assessment and strategy
- Re-implemented branded mobile app (iOS & Android)
- Designed a new consumer-facing mobile UX
- Created a vision for digital signage ecosystem